Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 31 11/18/08- Love


These are my cross country racing flats from college. These are shoes which I will never wear again.

I spend most of my days telling people to find what they love and explore the possibilities, yet I spend little time with one of my oldest loves.

I first remember running in 2nd grade. I would Challenge other 8 year old's to races at recess, I do not remember who won, but I do remember running laps by myself when no one would accept my challenge.

I ran in high school because I thought I was good at it and I enjoyed it. In college I became a student of running and fell in love with it. I also learned I was not as good as a thought.

In the last 12 years I have fallen out of practice. Finding excuses and priorities that push running further and further from me, but every once and a while I get a good run in. It is during these runs I cannot imagine my life without running. I cannot believe 30 minutes of sleep or t.v. is better than a run, then two weeks go by and no run. These are shoes are I will never wear again.

Through this "31 visions" journey I fell behind, learned I like to take pictures of the back of people's heads, and found myself post at night and too tired to tell long stories. While I posted multiple pictures in one day, all the pictures were taken on the title dates, except the last. It was a picture I took last fall, but it fit the story.

It was a good journey, one I will continue and revisit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

a job well done. i enjoyed seeing your work:)

john r. williamson said...

Andrew,

Thank you for leading us through your visions. The pictures were well complemented by the commentary, in most cases. Lovely!

-john

Unknown said...

I too have felt the pressure to come out up photos each day. And it was a good reminder that the exercise was one to get my photo brain moving again. By the way, some of my favorite posts were the ones that you shot from the hip, visually and verbally. Thanks for sharing!

This is Rick by the way...I'm just signed on as a different user.

Sadie's Typist said...

hey man. its been years since seeing you two. these pics were great. nice work. it was a cool challenge one I think would be fun to do (if i had a camera other than a disposable).

thanks again for sharing.

-John