Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 7 10/24/08- Story Time


While I have many pictures similar to this, I noticed a rooted family trait in this one, the deep set Greek eyes of her grandmother, father and great aunt.

I have discovered through this journey that so much of my life is me moving. Rarely do I act as an observer of what is going on around me, I always seem to find myself in mid-action when I think of or notice a good shot. Even with this picture I was walking to the couch to read bedtime stories and shooting from the hip to be sure I at least took a picture today.

I will have to find I way to step back and shoot even when doing. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Rick said...

To become an observer sometimes can feel like we're detached. Nothing is further from the truth. For when we engage, then is when we truly understand and are able to convey what we've learned. And sometimes "shooting from the hip" is far better then taking time to compose and pose. I'm sure your grandfather is smiling.